The goal of a breast lift is to basically keep the same breast volume but achieve a firmer, more uplifted and youthful appearance with more roundness and fullness. A breast lift, or mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour and elevating the nipples to a more cosmetically appealing level. A breast lift alone may not provide enough fullness in the top portion of the breast and breast implants may be needed to improve the lack of volume in this specific area.
- How is the procedure performed?
- A small incision around the areola, vertically below it, and then
horizontally will be cut. Once these incisions are made the breasts are reshaped and lifted
to the place that the surgeon and patient agreed upon. Extra skin, fat and
muscle are removed, and then the incision is closed.
- How long does the procedure take?
- The procedure takes roughly two to three hours
- What is the recovery time?
- Full recovery time is a few weeks, however for those weeks, you
will be wearing an elastic bandage to help keep the swelling down, as well as
keeping your breast in position as they recover.
- Will the procedure require an overnight hospital stay?
- Most of the time you can go home the same day, but could do an overnight
stay if the doctor thinks it is best for the patient.
- Who is the ideal candidate for this procedure?
- Person needs to be healthy and doesn't smoke
- Candidate has their nipples and areolas pointed down, or they feel
like their breast are sagging, or the shape of their breast does not look
- How long do results typically last?
- Results of your procedure
are visible right after; swelling will reduce and the incision will fade over
the next few weeks.
- How much pain is involved?
- The first couple of
weeks there will be some pain from the swelling and soreness, and medication
will be prescribed to help with the soreness, and over time the pain should
- How much does this procedure cost?
- On average beast lift
can cost around $4,000